Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthdays

Today is my daughter's 20th birthday. I couldn't do much for her for her birthday, but I thought at least a cake and candles and a card would make up for nothing. Well, she came to visit me this day and I was excited. I don't know who was more excited, me or the dogs. She brought her boyfriend with her and that was nice.  Always glad to meet her "guy". I feel old today...but I do realize that's ok. It happens with time and birthdays. I remember her first birthday with Mom, Dad, Heidi, and Jennifer. Anna was all happy with her little pull toy phone. Heidi and Jennifer smeared cake on Anna's face. It really upset her. It was kind of sad. Here was a one-year toddler with cake on her face and she was not happy. Any other kid would've dug into the cake and keep going. Not Anna...she was not happy someone had messed  her up. I think she's still that little toddler, a little better at accepting the mess, but mad enough to not take it for long. I love my little girl and wish her the best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment